Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Seaton Fest 2016

Seaton Ross Musical Festival is back by popular demand – a day of live music for all the family. Wide range of genres to appeal to everyone.

Date: Saturday, June 4, 2016
Time: 15:00 – 22:30 (gates open at 14:00)
Venue: Playing Fields, Seaton Ross
Entry: Free
The event is funded by the profits from the bar and food sales, so please support this event.
Supported by Rolawn, EYevents and Seaton Ross Parish Council.

Everingham Village News June 2016

Click on the link for Everingham Village news for June 2016. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1P5DEqM5L8YZWNYaTJRekp3dWdRTHBGZ2JUS1NtVlFjX2Rj/view?usp=sharing

Monday, 23 May 2016

Stolen BMW Cars

Recently there have been a number of BMW cars stolen or damaged as a result of attempted break ins in the Pocklington, Snaith, Howden and Goole areas. All the cars have been locked and either parked on driveways or outside the owner’s home and appear to have been stolen overnight. ( All the stolen cars were taken without keys)

There will now be additional Police patrols in the areas at the relevant times overnight.  Please remind everyone to be extra vigilant, ensuring that all car and house doors and windows are securely locked etc and to report any suspicious people or vehicles to the Police on the non emergency number 101 or 999 in an emergency, or if a crime is occurring

Police Updates for May For Pocklington & Wolds Weighton

Police Updates for May for both Pocklington and Wolds Weighton.

Pocklington Provincial Update for May 2016

Issue: Pocklington Town Centre area (Evenings):

Throughout May, we are to continue our High Visibility patrols of the Pocklington Town Centre area to deter potential anti-social behaviour. These patrols include regular checks on peripheral areas at Pocklington Infants’ School, Maxwell Road(periodic reports of criminal damage and youths causing annoyance), All Saints Church (periodic reports of anti-social behaviour on an evening) and town car parks (reports of low level anti-social behaviour). Criminal offenders will bechallenged robustly, arrested or reported for summons. Penalty Notices for Disorder or warning letters may be used in appropriate cases however, those who offend should expect to be arrested and dealt with if their anti social behaviour amounts to criminal offending. The exercise of discretion should not be expected.

Issue: Youths causing annoyance with Vehicles, Stamford Bridge (Evenings):

Officers will continue patrols in Stamford Bridge and the Viking Road car park. Anyone caught engaging in anti-social behaviour will be dealt with under the FAIRWAY process jointly with East Riding of Yorkshire Council. It is unlikely that any discretion will be shown. Also drivers using their cars to cause alarm or distress will be considered for warnings and possible seizure of their vehicles under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act.

Issue: Youths Causing Annoyance (Evenings):

Officers will continue patrols in the areas of Scaife Garth and Sherbuttgate due to reports of low level anti-social behaviour.

Anyone caught engaging in such activities will be dealt with jointly with the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

3. Meetings/Patrols

Police “Drop In Surgery” at Lob Lane Sheltered Housing Coffee Morning, Stamford Bridge:

PCSO Gareth Ludlow will be at the above location to discuss community issues and offer crime prevention advice between 09:30 to 11:00 hours on the 6 th May.

Street Patrol in Sutton on Derwent

PCSO Gareth Ludlow will be patrolling around Sutton on Derwent on the 14 th May from 11:00 to 12:00.

Street Patrol in Wilberfoss

PCSO Gareth Ludlow will be patrolling around Wilberfoss on the 11 th June from 16:00 to 17:00

Street Patrol in Barmby Moor

PCSO Gareth Ludlow will be patrolling around Barmby Moor on the15 th May (from 11:00 to 12:00).

Police “Drop In Surgery” at Pocklington Library

PCSO Mike Simpson will be at the above location to discuss community issues and offer crime prevention advice between

14:00 to 16:00 hours on the following dates: 10 th May and 14 th June.

4. Crimes in your area

 A landing window of a property has been damaged by a possible pellet which could have been fired at it, causing a small hole and crack to the outer pane of glass.

 Entry was gained in to an insecure car parked on a driveway in Wilberfoss, the car was searched but it would appear nothing was taken.

 Entry was gained into 3 properties on a building site in Pocklington.

 Two Stihl Blowers were stolen from an insecure work van in Pocklington.

5. News and Appeals

General bicycle information

1. What can you do to protect your property?

 If you haven’t done so already register your bicycles frame number along with any pictures and other details you have on www.immobilise.com. (Registration on immobilise only takes a couple of minutes. All you need is your bike's make, model, identifying number code(s) and a few photographs).

 Invest in a quality “D” lock to help reduce the risk of your bike being stolen.

 Look at where you are storing your bike and make sure that your shed or garage is secured with a good quality lock. Many shed windows are never used, if this is the case – why not screw them shut. Fitting mesh or steel bars across the window from the inside allows light to enter but means the thief has to go to a lot of trouble to remove them. Replace broken glass with laminated glass.

 Consider buying a cycle anchor that can be bolted to the wall or floor of your shed which your cycle can then be fastened to or if you have several cycles lock them altogether.

 If you are having to leave your bike out on the street, where possible leave it in a well lit area and lock both the frame and wheels to the bike stand. If there is no stand, ensure that it’s locked to secure street furniture eg railings or a lamp post.

2. Are you visible?

 Make sure you wear light coloured clothing, preferably luminous with reflective stripes.

 Make sure whatever you wear, can’t become entangled in wheels or chains.

 Don’t carry heavy bags or rucksacks, which may make you unstable.

 Always wear a helmet, as it may help to prevent serious head injuries, make sure it fits you and conforms to current British Standards.

3. Accessories

 Fit a bell to warn other road users of your presence.


 If you cycle in poor visibility or at night you must fit:

- White front light - Rear red light

- Red rear reflector

- Amber pedal reflectors front and rear.

 Any distraction can cause an accident.

 Always show drivers what you intend to do and try to anticipate a driver’s actions.

 Ride positively without making any erratic changes in direction or speed.

 Look and signal before you start, stop or turn, ride well clear of the kerb and parked cars and always obey the rules of the road especially stop, one way and no entry signs.

Wolds Weighton Update for May 2016

Issue: Market Weighton Town Centre area (Evenings):

Throughout May, we are to continue our High Visibility patrols of the Market Weighton Town Centre area to deter potential anti-social behaviour. These patrols include regular checks on the High Street and peripheral areas of Londesborough Road

Car Park, Scotts Croft Memorial Park, the town council building area and the area surrounding the Giant Bradley statue (periodic reports of youths causing annoyance). Criminal offenders will be challenged robustly, arrested or reported for summons. Penalty Notices for Disorder or warning letters may be used in appropriate cases however, those who offend should expect to be arrested and dealt with if their anti social behaviour amounts to criminal offending. The exercise of discretion should not be expected.

Issue: Youths Causing Annoyance (Evenings):

Officers will continue patrols in the areas of Aspen Close, the park, the monkey run & football field due to regular reports of low level anti-social behaviour. Anyone caught engaging in such activities will be dealt with jointly with the East Riding of Yorkshire council.

You are invited to attend any of the below meetings:

Police “Drop In Surgery” at Wetwang Village Hall Coffee Morning:

PCSO Laura Hudson will be available at the above location to discuss community issues and offer crime prevention advice between 10:30 to 12:00 hours on the following dates: 24 th May and 28 th June.

Police “Drop In Surgery” at Market Weighton Methodist Church Coffee Morning:

PCSO Laura Hudson will be available at the above location to discuss community issues and offer crime prevention advice between 11:00 to 12:00 hours on the following dates: 25 th May and 29 th June.

Police “Drop In” Surgery at the Village Hall, Shiptonthorpe

PCSO Terry Cundiff will be available at the above location to discuss community issues and offer crime prevention advice

between 10:30 to 11:30 hours on the following dates: 12 th May and 16 th June.

Police “Drop In Surgery” at Market Weighton Library:

PCSO Terry Cundiff will be available at the above location to discuss community issues and offer crime prevention advice between 12:00 to 13:30 hours on the following dates: 12 th May and 16 th June.

4. Crimes in your area

 A secure vehicle was stolen from a driveway in Bishop Wilton, it was later recovered burnt out in a nearby field.

 A secure van in Market Weighton was broken into and tools stolen.

 Various plants and signs were stolen from a business near Bishop Wilton.

 The wheel nuts on all 4 tyres of a car parked in Market Weighton were loosened, however the tyres were not stolen.

 A wooden gate into a rear garden in Bishop Wilton was damaged.

 A garden gate was thrown at a car in Market Weighton causing damage to the bonnet and windscreen.

5. News and Appeals

General bicycle information

1. What can you do to protect your property?

 If you haven’t done so already register your bicycles frame number along with any pictures and other details you have on www.immobilise.com. (Registration on immobilise only takes a couple of minutes. All you need is your bike's make, model, identifying number code(s) and a few photographs).

 Invest in a quality “D” lock to help reduce the risk of your bike being stolen.

 Look at where you are storing your bike and make sure that your shed or garage is secured with a good quality lock. Many shed windows are never used, if this is the case – why not screw them shut. Fitting mesh or steel bars across the window from the inside allows light to enter but means the thief has to go to a lot of trouble to remove them. Replace broken glass with laminated glass.

 Consider buying a cycle anchor that can be bolted to the wall or floor of your shed which your cycle can then be fastened to or if you have several cycles lock them altogether.

 If you are having to leave your bike out on the street, where possible leave it in a well lit area and lock both the frame and wheels to the bike stand. If there is no stand, ensure that it’s locked to secure street furniture eg railings

2. Are you visible?

 Make sure you wear light coloured clothing, preferably luminous with reflective stripes.

 Make sure whatever you wear, can’t become entangled in wheels or chains.

 Don’t carry heavy bags or rucksacks, which may make you unstable.

 Always wear a helmet, as it may help to prevent serious head injuries, make sure it fits you and conforms to current

 Fit a bell to warn other road users of your presence.

 If you cycle in poor visibility or at night you must fit:

- White front light - Rear red light

- Amber pedal reflectors front and rear.


 Any distraction can cause an accident.

 Always show drivers what you intend to do and try to anticipate a driver’s actions.

 Ride positively without making any erratic changes in direction or speed.

 Look and signal before you start, stop or turn, ride well clear of the kerb and parked cars and always obey the rules of the road especially stop, one way and no entry signs.

East Riding and Hull Joint Minerals Local Plan Revised Preferred Approach Consultation

East Riding and Hull Joint Minerals Local Plan Revised Preferred Approach Consultation 
You can view the consultation documents in a number of different ways:
Downloading or viewing a PDF version on our website at: http://www2.eastriding.gov.uk/environment/planning-and-building-control/east- riding-local-plan/joint-minerals-plan/
In all Customer Service Centres and main libraries.
In addition we are hosting a drop in session from 2pm until 7pm on Tuesday 14th June, 2016, at the East Riding Treasure House, Champney Rd, Beverley. This session will provide an opportunity to speak to a planning officer about the Joint Minerals Local Plan Revised Preferred Approach Consultation.

Beverley Folk FEstival

Beverley Folk Festival
The 33rd Beverley Folk Festival held at Beverley Racecourse is only 5 weeks away - Friday 17th to Sunday 19th June
The line-up is looking fantastic - with over 80 acts and many other events taking place. 
Bursting with Music: Traditional to Modern Folk, Americana, Rock, Jazz, Blues plus a programme of Poetry, Comedy, Literature, Workshops, dance displays and so much more. Please see their website for details : http://www.beverleyfestival.com/

Monday, 9 May 2016

Afternoon G&Tea in aid of Daisy Appeal

Afternoon G&Tea - 4th June

An Afternoon of Tea & added Tipples in aid of the Daisy Appeal £25 per person, up to 6 people per table,

welcome drink on arrival for tickets please contact jane@daisyappeal.org or 01482 461909 with how many, payable by BACS or cheque.

Saturday 4th June 1pm,

Everingham Hall, YO42 4JA

Bring the family and your Gin loving friends to afternoon tea and entertainment, including all the favourites such as smoked salmon, cucumber sandwiches and cakes, all served on vintage china sets in aid of the Daisy Appeal, enjoyed in a luxury Sperry Tent by PapaK├ąta, set in the grounds of Everingham Hall.

Cocktails & Mocktails from Fusion Event Bars

Music from Daisy May Allen & Lia Sundin

Magician George Hobson

The Vintage Vault Furniture and Styling

Treasure Pocket T-Shirts

Raffle prizes from Guest & Philips

If the Daisy Appeal is about one thing, it’s about saving local lives – keeping our loved ones with us longer. It’s about giving them faster, more accurate, diagnosis to three of the region’s biggest killers – cancer, heart disease, and dementia. With cures still a long way off, early diagnosis still gives us the best chance of survival.

Broadband

Chris has spoken to his contact at BT and the broadband for Bielby is still on target for June.  Residents should be able to place their orders for HS BB by the end of June.

Monday, 2 May 2016

Minutes Of Parish Meeting 25th April 2016

Minutes of the Bielby Parish AGM

Monday 25th April 2016 at St. Giles’s Church, Bielby.


Present: Chairman - Paul Ward, Treasurer - Val Nolton, Secretary - Gabrielle Rose
15 Bielby residents.

1. Apologies for absence: Paul Kerry, Jean Johnson, Sandra Johnson, Alan Pilling, Mary Milner.

2. Minutes from the last AGM held on Monday 27th April 2015 were read out and adopted as a true and correct record. Proposed by Graham Tew, seconded by Caroline Rose.
3. There were no matters arising from the minutes.

4. Reports:

a. Chairman’s Report. Paul reported on the events of the previous year. Chairman’s Report

b. Treasurer’s Report. Val reported on the finances of the previous year. There was no increase in rents last year and so the meeting agreed to an increase this year of 5%. The village purchased a defibrillator and are awaiting reimbursement of £1270 from ERYC. Treasurer’s

i. The meeting approved the Annual Governance Statement 2015/16.

ii. The meeting approved the Accounting Statement 2015/16.

c. St Giles Church. John Peel read the Churchwarden’s report highlighting the support given by the village to church events during previous year. John also sadly reported the passing of Father Stuart Bamforth, remembering the hard work and compassion he brought to our community.
d. Parish Paths. On behalf of Paul Kerry, Val reported that Paul had applied for the usual grant and would continue to carry out the administrative side of looking after the parish paths.Matthew Coe had agreed to cut and manage the parish paths.

e. Bielby Produce Show. Richard Coe thanked everyone who was involved last year. The date for this year is provisionally set for Saturday 30th July. Confirmation and more information will be posted on the Blog.
5. Election of Officers for 2016:

Chairman: Paul Ward was re-elected. Proposed by Richard Coe, seconded by John Peel.

Treasurer: Val Nolton was re-elected. Proposed by Graham Tew, seconded by Julie Tew.

Secretary: Gabrielle Rose was re-elected. Proposed by Val Nolton, seconded by Caroline Rose.

6. There was no other business, the meeting closed at 8.05pm

Minutes of the Bielby Parish Meeting

Monday 25th April 2016 at St. Giles’s Church, Bielby.


Present: Chairman - Paul Ward, Treasurer - Val Nolton -Secretary, Gabrielle Rose,15 Bielby residents

1. Apologies for absence. Paul Kerry, Jean Johnson, Sandra Johnson, Alan Pilling, Mary Milner.

2. Minutes of last meeting held on 26th October 2015 were read out and adopted as a true and correct
record. Proposed by Sara Ridsdale, seconded by Caroline Rose.

3. There were no matters arising from the minutes.

4. Planning applications and outcomes since the last meeting.

Beech Tree Farm, Tree pruning. Application received and granted.

Allerthorpe Park, 150 Caravans/Lodges. Application received.

Hayton and Burnby, Neighbour Plan. Application received.

Willow Lodge, 2 storey extension and other alterations. Application received and approved.

Land south west of The Bungalow, retention of general purpose building. Application received.

5. ERNLLCA (East Riding and North Lincolnshire Local Councils Association) membership renewal.

This year the cost of renewing our membership is £64.26. The meeting agreed that membership should be renewed.

6. ERYC Proposal for Public Spaces Protection Orders in Bielby.

Paul informed the meeting that the purpose of the order for Bielby concerns Dog Fouling. The proposal document was posted on the blog [on 10/4/16]. There was a brief discussion about how to make people aware of the Order and how the village would be notified. Paul agreed to make further enquires.

7. Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations: Commemorative Medal, Commemorative Keepsakes.

We had been contacted by two organisations who are selling commemorative items to celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s 90th birthday. Tower Mint are producing a medal (a sample coin was passed around the meeting) and Insignia Ltd have mugs, bookmarks and coins. Minimum order quantity limits were imposed by both organisations. The meeting declined to place orders for these items.

8. Bus Shelter Rota.

The new rota for 2016-2017 is attached. Most of those on last year’s list were at the meeting and were happy to continue. Gabrielle agreed to contact the people who weren’t at the meeting to see if they are happy to continue.

9. Defibrillator.

The village has received the defibrillator. Unfortunately, it is not possible to install it in the planned location in the porch at Stoneleigh. The large cabinet that the defibrillator has to be stored in would cause access problems for the care home. It is not possible to attach it to any part of the church.

The meeting discussed various other sites such as the BT phone box, the bus shelter and using special brackets for a lamp post. Installing the equipment in the village is problematic as a dedicated and permanent electricity supply is required.
Dale is willing to install it on an outside wall at the care home however it won’t necessarily be immediately visible. It was noted that Everingham Village Hall has placed signs to indicate the location of their defibrillator.
Neil Readman proposed and Val Nolton seconded, and the meeting agreed, that the care home is the best location. Paul will speak to Dale Greenaway.

10. Beck update.

The adverse weather this winter has put the beck under pressure but the works carried out last year have ensured that the beck has flowed and coped well with the amount of rainfall so far. Paul thanked Neil Readman for his work this year.

11. Rural health checks update.

The Health van was due to come to the village in April. Paul said he would chase this up.

12. Village Blog.

Sara Ridsdale was thanked for her time and work in keeping us all informed about the village and local events via the Village Blog. The meeting agreed to pay Sara £60.

13. Fracking.

Paul Ward began by summarizing the stages that the drilling companies go through before planning permission is applied for and read out a reply he had received from our M.P. Greg Knight. [N.B.Both previously posted on the Blog on 2/3/16 and 31/3/16].

Suzanne Rushton provided the meeting with information and feedback from meetings and research undertaken recently. As a Health Educator, Suzanne has a particular concern regarding the impact of fracking on the health of people close to drilling sites. Her research into this has included attending public meetings and meeting with residents who live close to and have been affected by the Rathlin fracking site at West Newton, East Yorkshire. She has been told about numerous health problems and Public Health England have admitted that there is no strategy to monitor the health effects of fracking. Other concerns raised include damage to land and property resulting from seismic testing prior to drilling. [N.B. – the above is only a brief outline as Suzanne has agreed to write up her notes which will be uploaded onto the Blog].

Ian Ross spoke about how safe the drilling industry was due to the regulations imposed.

There was further discussion and Ian suggested that another meeting should be arranged dedicated to this subject.

14. Any other business.

Neil Readman raised a concern with regard to the possibility of Bielby flooding again as a result of further development in Pocklington. He handed out copies of a document requesting support with a Flood Alleviation Scheme in Pocklington. Neil asked for completed forms to be returned to him at Ambleside by 6th May. [N.B. The document was posted on the Blog on 28/4/16].

Ian Ross raised the issue of policing and crime and the information given to the public in the form of Police Updates. He said that the Wolds Weighton Police Update was needed as well as the Pocklington Provincial Police Update. Gabrielle said she would forward these for uploading to the Blog.

Ian expressed his concern over recent policing results given in the Updates. The lack of prosecutions for a spate of burglaries in nearby villages was disappointing. He asked what efforts were being made to resolve the crimes. Paul Ward commented that his father had been in the police and that they rely on help and information from the public. Paul attends regular meetings with the Crime Prevention Panel and agreed to raise this at the next meeting.

There was no further business and the meeting closed at 9.15pm


Chairmans Report 2015/16 - April 2016
Remembrance Sunday: As usual the village remembered all those who fought for their country with a service and walk to the canal.
Carol singing: Once again the village was very supportive financially and thanks to those who came out to enjoy. The money raised went to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
Bielby Produce Show: Again a great event, well supported with some wonderful entries. Thanks to the committee for organising this event.
Music festival: Yet another successful, well attended and enjoyable day. Thanks to the committee for the work they do and all who help prepare before and after the event.
Broadband: It seems like the efforts of Chris Emptage and Susan Smith have paid off as we should be getting an upgrade to our broadband this year.
Bielby beck: The beck is looking good and thanks to Neil Readman for his management of this.
Xmas dinner: We had a wonderful Xmas dinner again, and great to see how well attended it was. Thanks to Paul Kerry for organising this, and everybody is wishing Paul a speedy recovery.
Defibrillator: The village now has a defibrillator, but it still needs a permanent home. To discuss at the meeting.
Meetings: The Chair has represented Bielby on a number of meetings throughout the year.
Thanks: The Chair would like to thank all those who organise events and other work around the village.
I would like to make a personal thanks to Val and Gabrielle for looking after me throughout the year and let’s have another happy and successful year.
Paul Ward 25 th April 2016

Link to Treasurer's report https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1P5DEqM5L8YSFhDV2NvWEY0VkR5QVBJTmg0MnNNNEVhaU5v/view?usp=sharing

Link To Church Report https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1P5DEqM5L8YbVdyVmNmM2lsdFNsaUk1UGw2ejJ3cVJRLW5n/view?usp=sharing

(Link to the minutes of Parish Meeting  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1P5DEqM5L8YSGJnMUhQcnNPRVFueElEMHFsTGxFR1VDRUU0/view?usp=sharing

Everingham Village Newsletter May 2016

Here is the link to the Everingham Village Newsletter for May 2016.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1P5DEqM5L8YS1VfalZheGZwU3h0bVFMbXI2eUVsa3prVmRR/view?usp=sharing