Thursday 8 December 2016

New Police Sergeant

A message from the new Police Sergeant for the Snaith, Howden, Pocklington and Wolds Weighton areas.

I would like to introduce myself as the new Police Sergeant of Goole and Pocklington /Wolds Weighton Policing Teams.
I am really pleased to have been selected to manage the team, following the recent move of my predecessor Sergeant Ryan Reed. Ryan will be moving to Bridlington to set up a new early intervention team, aim at targeting young offenders and lead them away from a life of crime. 
My name is David Lonsdale and I have been working for Humberside Police for over 13 years. In that time I have undertaken a number of different and challenging roles. Initially I joined as a response officer before becoming a Neighbourhood officer and more recently  on promotion I worked as Detective Sergeant at Grimsby and Scunthorpe.
Prior to my promotion as a Detective Sergeant I had spent most of my career within the East Riding and especially in Goole and the surrounding villages. I am very familiar with the area and the unique policing challenges that it brings. I am passionate about policing and have a real sense urge to drive down crime rates and tackle the causes of crime and anti-social behavior which causes so much stress and anxiety to others. I am keen to hear about the issues facing the town and your expectations of the police and suggestions to improve community relationships. 
I am looking forward to bringing my experience and knowledge to the team and with it I will hopefully bring new and innovative ideas and working practices so that we can deliver the service that the community of Goole, Pocklington and the surrounding areas deserve.
Over the next few months I will be attending as many community events as possible. I want to meet as many local residents that I can and make sure you get to know my face. I am approachable and always willing to listen.  I have already attended a number of meetings and look forward to future meetings as it is an excellent way in which to engage the community.
If you wish to talk to me about any issue then please contact me or have any suggestions or ideas to improve the service we currently deliver please make contact with me at Goole Police Station, Estcourt Street, Goole DN14 5AF.
Sgt David Lonsdale

No comments:

Post a Comment