Northern Powergrid - Priority Services Register
Supporting Vulnerable Customers and Communities
Northern Powergrid have identified that power outages are usually manageable if they last less than 3hrs.
3-6hrs becomes more challenging and 6hrs onwards can cause significant issues for residents.
The Priority Services Register identifies those people in the community that may require further assistance if they lose their electricity for a prolonged period of time. This may include for example; the provision of hot meals, provision of generators or payment for taxis to transport people to a relative during a disruption.
Northern Powergrid currently have 26 categories used to identify vulnerable people.
- Households with members over the age of 65
- Households with children under 5
- Households with people with disabilities
- Households with people with chronic medical conditions
- Households that have experienced temporary life changing events such as bereavement
Householders can sign up through the website: northernpowergrid.com/care
or by contacting the Powergrid Care Team on 0800 1692996