Wednesday, 30 October 2019

Minutes of the Parish Meeting 21st October 2019

Below are the minutes of the meeting followed by a link to the Treasurer mid-year report.


Minutes of the Bielby Parish Meeting

Monday 21st October 2019
at St. Giles’s Church, Bielby, by courtesy of the Church Council.

Present: Chairman - Paul Ward. Treasurer - Ian Ross. Secretary - Gabrielle Rose.
14 residents.

Paul thanked everyone for attending this evening.

1.      Apologies for absence received from Debbie and Tony Britton, Mary Milner, Jenny Ward.
2.      Minutes of last meeting held on 7th May 2019 were read out and adopted as a true and correct record. Proposed by Graham Tew and seconded by Richard Coe.
3.      Matters arising from the minutes. There were no matters arising.
4.      Financial position. Ian Ross summarized his mid-year report.
·         The current mid-year financial position as of the 21st October 2019 is £3,636.83, with an estimated balance at the financial year end of £2546.43. A contingency fund of £1000 and a minimum of £1000 to carry forward leaves £546.43 available to spend.
·         Ian confirmed that compliance with the Annual Governance and Accountability Return framework had been met and that no comments from local electors had been received.
·         The local precept demand is due and Ian proposed that the rate should remain the same with no further increase for 2020-2021.  Seconded by Graham Tew.
5.      Planning applications and outcomes since last meeting. Applications received for erection of a detached outbuilding containing additional living space and garage following demolition of existing outbuilding and for erection of a dwelling (access to be considered) at Bergundenau, Beech Tree Farm. Mr J Halley attended the meeting to address any concerns/comments, in particular, regarding the beech tree at the property. Tree experts had no concerns and none were raised at the meeting. Paul thanked Mr Halley for attending the meeting and read out a note of support from Mr C Emptage.
6.      Village marquee. Tents and a marquee are available for the use of Bielby residents. Having been in the care of Richard Coe for many years, Dale Greenaway has kindly agreed to store them at Stoneleigh. John Peel provided some very interesting background into the purchase of the original village tent and the village charity that provided the funds. Ian Ross suggested that a register of use should be made and was happy to be a point of contact for enquiries from residents. Several issues were raised including insurance, wear and tear, damage and help required to erect them. Val Nolton added that also available are crockery and cutlery for 50 settings which are currently being stored at their home.
7.      Flood Plan. Ian Simpson raised his concerns regarding flooding in village. The last incident was in 2007 when several properties were affected. The increase in house building in Pocklington could increase the risk to Bielby. He suggested that an Action Plan be put together. This could record areas that are at risk based on past events and local knowledge of the drains, beck and canal. Several residents agreed to gather information and report back. Further information will go on the Blog.  
8.      Drains and Sewers. Ian then made the meeting aware that sewage had recently been coming out of the gullies on his property. Yorkshire Water were working at the pumping station and told Ian that wet wipes had blocked the main sewer. Ian explained to the meeting that as the main sewer runs from Everingham across the fields to the south of Bielby then up the main road to the pumping station, he requested that Everingham Parish Council be contacted about the issue. Paul agreed to contact their Chairman.
9.      Defibrillator training. Paul has been made aware of an offer of a free training session for up to 12 people. Paul agreed to follow this up. Further information will go on the Blog.
10.  Village Taskforce Walkabout update. The walkabout took place during the summer and Paul went through the list of works that had been scheduled.  There was confirmation that some work had already been completed. Graham Tew asked if the gullies had been cleared, this is a Highways issue and the gully near the post box on Gale Carr Lane was full. Paul said he would make enquires.
11.  VE Day 75. 8th to 10th May 2020. Paul read out the planned events (to include Bell ringing and Pipers) that would take place nationally over the Bank Holiday weekend commencing on Friday 8th May 2020. The meeting agreed that the village should organise something and further information will go on the Blog.
12.  Humber and Wolds Rural Action membership.  The village has received an invitation to join this organisation at an annual cost of £25. The meeting suggested that the information should go on the Blog for comments from residents.
13.  Bielby beck update. Neil Readman was not present to update the meeting. Paul observed that the beck appeared to be clear. He said that some concerns had been raised but had been addressed by the contractor. Steve Ridsdale and the Drainage Board had done some clearing. It was suggested that the Environment Agency be contacted regarding responsibility for clearing the beck. The Treasurer commented that it is the single largest item of expenditure annually. Paul agreed to discuss this with Neil.
14.  Bielby Newsletter. Sue Richardson was not present to give an update. The meeting agreed that having a paper copy of local news was a good idea for those residents who did not have access to the Internet. Richard suggested that the Sunday services could be included. Val was disappointed that the annual Duck Race taking place this weekend had not been included. Paul will speak with Sue.
Steve Ridsdale had some information about the Blog. Due to a support issue with the Blog’s email provider, anyone subscribing recently to the Blog was not receiving the Blog posts by email. A no cost replacement provider was being sought.
15.  Bielby in bloom. Expenditure of up to £50 for winter plants and spring bulbs was suggested. Proposed by Graham Tew seconded by Val Nolton.
16.  Remembrance service. There would be no church service this year but there will be a gathering at the memorial at the canal. Meet outside the church at 10.45
17.  Carol singing. Wednesday 18th December 6pm, meet outside Stoneleigh Care Home. The meeting agreed to donate the funds raised to a local charity - York Against Cancer.
18.  Christmas meal. About 39 people will be attending this year. The meeting thanked Jenny Ward for organising it this year but she is looking for someone else to take over for next year.
19.  Any other business. 
·         East Riding of Yorkshire Council Code of Conduct. The document was received after the agenda had been set. Paul Ward requested that the Code be adopted. The meeting agreed.
·         Ian Simpson requested that the cost of Insurance and Toilets (up to a maximum of £500) for the 2020 Festival be underwritten by the Parish Meeting. Proposed by Steve Ridsdale seconded by Margaret Wilkinson.
·         Christmas Walk is arranged for 29th December, destination North Newbald unless another route is suggested. More Information will be on the Blog.
·         Several vehicles are blocking the footpath on Gale Carr Lane. It is illegal to park on a footpath and the police should be contacted if necessary. Vehicles on grass verges may be a council issue.

There was no other business and the meeting closed at 9.10pm

Click to view the financial report.


No comments:

Post a comment