Sunday, 16 October 2016

Dangers of Button Batteries

We've received this email so thought it may be a useful reminder.


Dangers of Button Batteries.
 
We recently sent out an e-mail regarding the dangers of these batteries if swallowed by a child.  A parent has suggested it would be helpful to give guidance what you should do if this happens, many thanks to her.
 
If your child does swallow a battery:

It's so important to take the child straight to hospital.
DO NOT make the child sick
DO NOT give them anything to eat or drink. These 2 things are often the gut reaction to a child swallowing something but will speed up the corrosive action.

 

No comments:

Post a comment